Vacancy: Full Stack Developer
The engineering team is a big part of Neverbland but we by no means roll alone. With incredible researchers, UX and UI designers, business analysts and project managers all in house, you'll be exposed to the good stuff with the right level of support.
You might not have lots of experience in all of these, but that's OK. As long as you have strong foundational understanding with experience in similar roles, you're a keen learner, have a creative way of solving problems and love to get stuck in, there is a good chance you'll fit in just fine.
Working with your peers, you'll not only be actively contributing to the real-world projects, you'll help to scope out project estimates, work with designers to transform ideas into realities and contribute to our never ending conversations about the technology landscape. As someone with experience, you’ll be expected to act as lead developer on projects too.
Hopefully, you love the idea of developing highly functional yet very beautiful, immersive, well constructed, data-rich web applications with a hyper-clean and focused UI. Sometimes these things get complex, but with the team around you we can figure it out together.
Neverbland offers a Hybrid working environment, meaning you're very welcome to spend the majority of time working at home / in a sound working environment. Equally, we have a wonderful, fully equipped studio in Shoreditch that is there to be used by all. Time spent in the studio is very high value when it comes to learning, however we've proved that the model can work well virtually too.
We believe that the best work happens where different points of view come together to solve problems. We recognise that many groups are currently underrepresented in our industry and seek people that can bring diverse perspectives, life experiences, educational backgrounds and cultures to the team. As such, we encourage applications from women and other minority groups in the industry. If you think this is the right role for you, even if you don't tick off everything listed in the job spec, please get in touch.
- You have experience with React.
- You have experience with TypeScript.
- You have experience with source code version control (GitHub)
- You have experience with Styled Components and / or Tailwind CSS.
- You have experience with NextJS.
- You have experience with GraphQL.
- You have experience working with headless CMS platforms like Sanity, HyGraph or Contentful
- You have good written and spoken communication skills.
- You have experience as lead developer on projects.
- You have experience building functional websites.
- You have experience giving code reviews.
- You enjoy working with designers, and design tools such as Figma.
- You are able to understand directional briefs and business requirements.
Non-essential skills (you will learn these if you don’t know them)
- You might have experience with tools such as NestJS, NX, Prisma ORM, Apollo (client and server), and Svelte.
- You might have experience with WebGL, GSAP, Framer Motion or ThreeJS
- You might have experience with Vercel, Containers, general DevOps best practice, AWS and CI.
- You should be self-driven, and be able to work independently, and without micro-management.
- You should be able to work efficiently, and iterate often without letting code quality deteriorate.
- You should want to actively contribute to our team culture.
- You should want to help others to deliver excellence in code.
Nice to haves
- You should be able to think strategically. The ability to evaluate options in the short, medium, and long-term, balancing short-term pressures against longer-term strategic requirements is part of the day-to-day.
- Up to 15% discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- 3% full salary pension contributions from Neverbland
- Join a B Corp Certified agency genuinely committed to positive change
- Flexible working hours
- Majority remote working (if you want it!)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Private Healthcare
- Access to an EV Scheme
- Optional one paid day a year to work with our charity partners
- Delightful office in the heart of Shoreditch, London
- A killer setup to get your job done.
- Probably a birthday cake.
Please note, unfortunately we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line as "NB Developer Application - [Your Name]."
Due to the sheer volume of candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews.