We build rad products.
What's working for a regular digital agency like?
We wouldn't know. Honest.
We are Neverbland - in name and in deed. We are young, ambitious and in love with the web.
We are 13, and 13 was great. But now we need our number 14. And we're looking for more than a number. Neverbland are on the hunt for super talented up-and-coming developers, designers and producers who want to challenge themselves and challenge us.
The successful candidate will join our team of smart, fun, creative individuals who are as passionate about the web and the latest technologies as they are lunch options.
These openings are full-time positions.
PHP Developer - Wroclaw
We are NEVERBLAND - one of Europe’s most exciting young digital agencies with offices in Soho, London and Wroclaw, Poland.
We don’t believe in standing still. We are driven by a passion to work with the best clients, on the best projects and to do that we need...you guessed it, the best team.
As part of our technical team your days will be full of fun and engaging challenges, creating web applications and unique products for the fast-paced world of startups, SME’s and video gaming (Esports).
We like to keep things fresh and exciting and our client roster reflects that ethos. It currently includes a multi-national fashion publication (http://www.purple.fr), advanced tech startups (http://www.datasift.com, http://www.conversocial.com) and top global gaming brands & teams (http://www.fnatic.com). We’ve even developed our own customised SaaS product in Slate that now powers a host of the UK’s leading film and sound production companies (including http://www.homecorp.tv, http://www.lokiltd.com, http://www.adelphoimusic.com, http://www.75.tv)
On the technical front we are currently extensively working with Symfony2, a framework that changed the face of PHP, and are in love with it.
Are you the one? You are if you have:
- Love for backend development.
- Experience with Symfony2 or eagerness to learn it.
- Very good knowledge of PHP5.3 and OOP patterns.
- Knowledge of TDD and ability to work with existing code.
- Fluency in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Familiarity with GIT.
- Ability to document your code.
- Excellent ability to communicate with team mates, both face-to-face and on Skype.
- Excellent knowledge of English (including technical jargon) – both spoken and written.
What you can expect from us:
- Work in a flexible & fun environment (hours and tasks)
- Team meet ups in our London HQ
- Learn first hand about how to start, grow and market new startups and products.
- Build exciting Apps that thousands of users will use
- Contribute to amazing Open Source technologies
- A new PC with dual-widescreen setup
- A relaxed, fun and sociable environment with 5 other developers
- A very competitive salary (4000 PLN - 8000 PLN net, based on experience and awesomeness) and flexible holidays (we’re all working hard to make the company successful)
Design Internship at Neverbland
At Neverbland you can expect to hone your skills working at the sharp end of the London tech scene, side-by-side with our team of young, award-winning designers and developers.
During your internship you’ll be immersing yourself in a broad range of duties necessary to the on-going success of the agency. Expect everything from day-to-day tasks like managing our Social Media accounts and blog to real, valuable contribution to in-house initiatives such as www.welldoneteamgb.com and - ability permitting - client websites, products and apps. Less making tea, more blitzing the web.
We're looking for self-starters- competent, driven digital enthusiasts who can support our team with their initiative and skills. Perhaps you're getting busy with PHP and are looking for an environment in which to grow those skills. Maybe you're a super talented Graphic Designer who loves to contribute to web projects. If you’re serious about a career in digital and want to experience life at one of the fastest-growing, most exciting studios in London, we want you.
Interested? Intrigued? Downright indignant? Apply below with some of your recent work and a sentence or two about why you think you're the perfect fit.
Some of us are born with the ability to multi task, organise our lives and the lives of others with laser accuracy. Some of us aren’t. Fortunately for those of us who aren’t (author of this post included), there are people like you, who can and do, with startling brilliance.
You'll love working at the heart of a close-knit team to develop medium and long-term plans as much as you’ll enjoy the day-to-day remit of communicating with and delivering exciting projects to our clients.
You’ll be equally at home managing projects as you are confident controlling the budgets. You’ll also relish working as part of a team– supporting the studio and simultaneously managing relationships client-side.
You’ll understand the importance of working fast and delivering on time, but never, ever at the expense of quality.
Still interested? Thats the spirit. You’ll also have:
- 2-3 years agency experience in a Producer/Project Manager role.
- The ability to work autonomously- managing multiple projects and multiple clients simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- talking, writing etc.
- A love for solving problems for real businesses, no matter how large.
- A desire to build strong, respect-driven relationships with clients and your team.
- A need to prioritise and schedule.
- Experience with digital projects and a basic awareness of current technologies.
What you can expect from us:
- Work in a dynamic, creative environment.
- Learn first-hand about how to start, grow and market new startups and products.
- Build exciting Apps that thousands of people will use and love.
- Team lunches, drinks and - dare we say it - parties.
- Flexible holidays (we’re all working hard to make the company successful).
Exciting stuff, right?
If this sounds like the kind of team you want to be a part of, the chances are we want to hear from you. We’ll judge every candidate on their individual merits so please apply below. Experience is less important than talent. If you have any questions just drop us a line.
- Write us an application note explaining why you think you're a great fit for the role.
- Send us your LinkedIn profile if you have a reasonably complete one, or send us some references.
- Briefly talk us through some projects you've been involved with.